Cover photo for Evelyn Whitaker Frampton's Obituary
1929 Evelyn 2023

Evelyn Whitaker Frampton

February 5, 1929 — June 28, 2023

2/5/1929 ~ 06/28/2023

Our beautiful, sweet angel mom and granny, after an illness, spread her wings on June 28, 2023 and joined our dad and brother to be together again. Mom passed peacefully at the Payson Hospital with her daughter Terri by her side. She had been visited by many loving family members for several days before her passing. Evelyn Whitaker Frampton was born February 5th, 1929, to Herman and Marion Sagers Whitaker. Mom had 7 siblings all of which passed before her.

She was raised in Kanosh Utah, however spent the most part of her life in Fillmore after marrying our dad Robert H. Frampton. Together they had we 3 children Diane, Steve, and Terri. Mom was a homemaker until we kids were all in school, at which time she went to work, to help dad and help support our family. She worked at Duane’s Market for several years and then worked at First Security Bank in Fillmore and retired after 20 years of bank service.

Mom was a very frugal person. Every penny counted, and as she always said, “waste not, want not”. Mom loved to oil pain, tole paint, make ceramics and her latest passion was Norwegian stitchery. She spent countless hours stitching beautiful pieces of art including pillows and framed wall hangings to share and give to family members as treasured gifts.

Mom served in the primary as President for several years and well as serving as a primary teacher. She was a member of a lady’s monthly card club for 50 years. They played card games, laughed, ate, and made many good memories. Mom and dad loved to travel South to the warmer climate in the wintertime. They spent countless hours fishing and enjoying newly made friends that they kept in touch with for a long time. Her and dad loved to travel to other Countries and spent a lot of time touring.

Mom enjoyed making us laugh. She had many clever and funny sayings that she learned from her sisters in her younger years. As a family, we always had wonderful vacation trips, Holidays, Christmases and thanked our parents many times for the great times. Mom and dad always said, we try to give you the things that we never had.

Mom taught us morals and values and how to be good kids. 98% of the time we all were, the other 2% we won’t talk about, Ha Ha
A few of mom’s favorite sayings were:
“A stitch in time saves 9”
“Waste not, Want not”.
“Some will try to blow out your candle, so theirs shine brighter”.
“Use it, wear it, make it do, or do without”.
Her most favorite saying when someone was leaving was “See ya later Alligator, and expected others to say.. After While Crocodile” and if they didn’t say it.. she did.

Mom was preceded in death by her parents, Herman and Marion Sagers Whitaker, our dad Robert H. Frampton, her great granddaughter Mistie Bingham, Great great grandson Cutter Mac Memmott, daughter in law Joyce Hinton Frampton and most recently her son, our brother, Steve…and all of her brothers and sisters. Her brothers were Willard (Dathel)Whitaker Max(Eva) Whitaker Charles(Betty) Whitaker and Kent(Carmae, who is still living) Whitaker. Her sisters were Erma (Dennis)Sorenson Nora (Clay) Price Berniece (John)Sorenson.
Surviving are her 2 daughters Diane (Dwight) Memmott, Terri ( Matt) Hoover and many grand children, great grand children,great great grandchildren, and nieces and nephews.

Mom had a wonderful life and always said “Fillmore is the perfect place to live” and Utah is the best of all we traveled”.
Our many thanks to her friends, our friends, family for the calls and messages and flowers.
Thanks so much to the doctors, nurses, staff, and hospice at Payson Hospital for keeping her comfortable this past week.

Close friends and family graveside services will be held Saturday, July 15, 2023 at 11:30 am in the Fillmore City Cemetery. Friends may gather at 11:00 am.

Recordings are available for 60 days from date of service.

The Watch Recorded Graveside service, Click Here.

To order memorial trees or send flowers to the family in memory of Evelyn Whitaker Frampton, please visit our flower store.

Guestbook

Visits: 25

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the
Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Service map data © OpenStreetMap contributors

Send Flowers

Send Flowers

Plant A Tree

Plant A Tree